Thursday, September 12, 2013

September 12, 2013

It's fun to walk early in the morning to see that no matter how much my life has changed, some things are eternal.  I love to look in the cars and see children being shuttled to school by their parents and it is the same as ever.  They are FURIOUS that their parents exist, much less have to be their chauffeurs.  They would much rather just pretend they sprung up out of the earth like that damned wisteria I cannot conquer in my yard. Both are pretty to look at but then  both the kids and the plants wrap their tendrils around their support systems, sucking all the life juices leading to death of those silly enough to get involved with these two disparate creations of God. 

Nowadays tho, instead of looking vapidly out of the window trying to ignore the abundant life before their eyes, they are focused on texting their friends with whom they rarely make eye contact...it is all via smart phone.

What, are you asking does this have to do with ALS (amyotrophic lateral sclerosis otherwise known as Lou Gehrig's)? I recently went to the doc and found out my cholesterol was SKY HIGH, like Scarlett O'Hara's cotton prices and have to start doing something if I don't want to leave my wheelchair bound husband behind in the care of his four lovely, addled daughters. (I might also add that they are my children too-no matter how much they argue that fact..I was there, I remember it all.)

In a desperate move to NOT have to take the dreaded statins, I am walking every day...we shall see how long this lasts.

No comments:

Post a Comment