Friday, September 20, 2013

It's all in your point of view or what you see is what you get

We took our grandson to see a great exhibit at our local Arts Center.  "The Art of the Brick" has been called one of the "must see" attractions of the year. In the nation! 

And WE HAVE IT!!!  

http://www.artsalamance.com/joomla/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=71


 That's Pat and Dougielou checking out the Lego based art by Nathan Sawaya.

Later on as we were getting ready to leave, I was pushing Dougielou in his stroller and Pat was leading the way with his Permobile.  As we were leaving, someone  made a very sweet comment about my being a fabulous caregiver.  And I  know she meant well; I know it.  But herein lies the issue with so many disabled people.  Others see a man in a wheelchair.  I see Pat.


No comments:

Post a Comment